- PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK (‘Data Protection Legislation’).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- ABOUT US
Kings Accountancy Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our” and “ours”) is an accountancy and tax advisory firm. We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under number 10495632 and our registered office is at Suite 2 Offices, Cantilupe Road, Ross on Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 7AN.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officer is our Data Protection Point of Contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data. Should you wish to contact our Data Protection Point of Contact you can do so using the contact details noted at paragraph 12 (Contact Us), below.
- HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- you OR your employer OR our clients engages us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services;
- you contact us by email, telephone, post or social media (for example when you have a query about our services); or
- from third parties and/or publicly available resources (for example, from your employer or from Companies House).
- THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your personal details (such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details and tax reference numbers);
- details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the propose provision, of our services;
- details of any services you have received from us;
- our correspondence and communications with you;
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- Information we receive from other sources, such as publicly available information, information provided by your employer OR our clients.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you OR your employer OR our clients and to comply with our legal obligations. We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data then you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Situations in which we will use your personal data
We may use your personal data in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you OR your employer OR our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services);
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services) where you may be a subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client;
- provide you with information related to our services and our events and activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide; and
- notify you about any changes to our services.
In some circumstances we may anonymise or pseudonymise the personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
- DATA SHARING
Why might you share my personal data with third parties? We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal data? “Third parties” includes third-party service providers. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT and cloud services and professional advisory services.
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties? We may share your personal data with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
- TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your duty to inform us of changes It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove
personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email our data protection point of contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01989565511.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email our data protection point of contact email@example.com or call 01989565511.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website at www.kingsaccountancy.com. This privacy notice was last updated on 25th May 2018.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01989565511.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
“The service provided is exceptional”
I met Michelle of Kings Accountancy after being recommended by another local business nearly four years ago. Michelle helped me transition from being a self-employed builder to a Limited Company in the most professional and reassuring way. Since then I have never been let down, always on hand to assist with any questions I have promptly with expert advice. The service provided is exceptional.
“I know my books are in safe hands”
Michelle has been a lifeline for me and my business. She is quick at responding to any queries I have. She has taken on all of my accounting, including tax and pay slips for me and my employees. I know my books are in safe hands and she is always thorough in her work. I would recommend her services to everyone especially small businesses.
“She really is a fountain of knowledge!”
I find it difficult to express in a few words just what a difference Michelle and her team have made to our business She has been our accountant at Move it! Move it Transport Limited for over 3 years now. I know if I have any queries or I need advice at any time that Michelle is at the end of the phone. She really is a fountain of knowledge!.
Kings Accountancy Ltd processes our weekly payroll, carries out all bookkeeping on a monthly basis, prepares and submits quarterly VAT returns and deals with our annual accounts and company tax return."
The fact that we receive regular monthly reports on our income and expenses has helped us improve as a business as we can make decisions based on current information and this also helps us to manage our cash flow.
I would be absolutely lost without Michelle and Kings Accountancy!
“Swiftly updated us throughout the Covid-19 crisis”
We switched to Michelle just over a year ago and have found her accountancy services to be first class. She is always available to offer advice via telephone or email, pulls together our end of year accounts swiftly and has updated us throughout the Covid-19 crisis on financial aid and grants available. I cannot recommend her more highly from a small business point of view.
“They always seem to be available to answer any questions”
I have been using Kings Accountancy Ltd for about a year now and have always found them to be accurate in their accounting, punctual, concise and approachable. They always seem to be available to answer any questions or offer advice about the day to day running of my business accounts when asked. Would highly recommend Michelle and her team.